Yesterday’s Bikram was a massacre! Humidity levels were at a high and I have not had such a practice and detox for such a long time.
Although I felt totally stifled at times, my neck and back definitely felt the benefits of it today. And as we all know that yours truly have injured her leg, there are not much workouts, save for swimming (which I am not a big fan of, I look like I am drowning more than I am swimming) that I can do without aggravating it. So really, Bikram rocks.
Check one of my favorite poses out, only because I can do this fairly well, haha (although I fall sometimes, just like the lady in the video)
What are the benefits of Bikram yoga?
People say we are crazy to put ourselves through a room heated at 40deg for 90 minutes doing 26 poses twice and two breathing exercises.
It is divided into a standing series (12 poses) and a floor series ( 14 poses).
At the end of it, you will usually love it or hate it. But to be fair to the practice and yourself, you have to go for a few lessons to truly understand and let your body get accustomed to the poses and reap the benefits.
Only then should you decide if Bikram yoga is for you.
10 benefits of Bikram Yoga:
- Detoxification of the body
- Toning and strengthening of your muscles
- Better flexibility
- Calming of the mind, helps you to focus better
- Renewed energy
- Reduce risks of sports injuries
- Improved circulation
- Strengthens your spine (so true!)
- Improves your balance, coordination and encourages discipline
- Weight loss
- Warms the muscles for greater flexibility
- Gets rid of toxins from your body through sweating
- A deeper stretch is achievable