Now before you judge me as one of those people who likes to document everything or those people who have a penchant of snapping a photo of every meal they take, I would like to say that this is not the case here.
I figured since one of my new year’s resolution was to adopt a healthier lifestyle with a few fitness goals thrown in, I might as well commit the first few weeks of the year to being on the right path.
In 2012, some weeks I was ultra healthy, eating only whole and natural foods and fruits, salads, etc while some weeks, I went the opposite direction, buffets, suppers, baking and eating my own desserts and more. Cringe.
So here are some healthy lunches to pack to work ideas:
Usually I find the easiest ingredients that I can put together in a shortest amount of time and sometimes I make a huge batch so I can save time and eat the same thing for a few days:
1. Pumpkin, celery, cucumber with almonds, walnuts and raisins salad
2. Quinoa with mixed vegetables and tuna – super easy and quick to do
3. Chicken with barley and avocado – this is really filling, a little goes a long way..
4. Sweet potato, cucumber, almond flakes and raisins
5. Okie, I didn’t make these, fortunate enough to have a salad shop at the ground level of my office. Will usually order when I am lazy to make my own