Extremely pleased. Just felt like having some muffins yet at the same time, I wanted something healthy.
The results: A moist, crumbly healthy yogurt muffin recipe that is not overtly sweet. I added flaxseed for added oomph to the already healthy morsel. The best part is that it is so simple to make and you can add nuts or other healthy toppings to your liking.
Tip: for a good post workout snack, substitute the same amount of protein powder in place of flour. Eg: 2 Tbspn of powder for 2 Tbspn of flour.
Basic Healthy Yogurt Muffin Recipe:
You don’t even need weighing scales.
Just use the same pot of yoghurt for measurement.
I used greek yoghurt because it’s my favorite but any other flavor is fine too.
- 1 pot yoghurt (I like plain Greek yoghurt)
- 2 pots sugar ( the same pot, clean it and dry it first. )
- 3 pots flour ( I used chickpea/garbanzo flour to make it gluten free, see nutritional value here)
- 2 eggs (I used egg replacers as I wanted it to be egg free)
- 1 tbspn sunflower oil
- 1 tspn bicarbonate of soda
- freshly squeezed juice of an orange (i didn’t have any so i used half a lemon)
tip* if you don’t like orange, try other flavorings like cinnamon, honey, vanilla, fruit or nut pieces,
If you are using flavored yogurt, I would suggest cutting down the sugar by 0.5-1 pot according to your taste buds.
Also known as gram flour
It can replace egg whites too
1. Preheat oven to 180 deg C / 350 deg F / Gas 4
2. Empty yoghurt in large bowl
3. Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour batter into cake tin or muffin cases and bake for 15-20 minutes or when your skewer comes out clean when you test it.
Dust with icing sugar for decoration. (I put small mixed fruit instead and baked it together)
Thanks for reading!