Another passion of mine has something to do with the kitchen. Whenever I have time, I like to bake and cook (in that order). Initially, I liked baking your typical sinful desserts, but I found myself indulging a bit too much after every batch of cookies!
Thus, gaining a couple of pounds then. 🙁 So, I decided to use healthier ingredients so that I wouldn’t feel so guilty and yet have my cake and eat it too , yes pun intended.
Whenever I have time, I love to experiment in the kitchen, adapting recipes found online to make delish yet healthy meals. Even though, I don’t do it as much as I used to, I am glad that I still managed to eke out a dish or two every other weekend.
So without further adieu, this is my latest recipe the other day:
Giant Stuffed Pasta Shells Recipe with Minced Chicken and Mushroom over Homemade Tomato Sauce
preheat oven to around 170deg
300gm of minced chicken (you can sub your choice)
Cooked pasta shells
Home made tomato puree ( add a can of tomato puree for more taste)
1. Cook the pasta till al dente
It should come out firm to touch and not too soft, I took about 14-18 mins I think
2. Puree tomato sauce by boiling the tomatoes (I used three big ones) . Drain the water and then puree using blender. Add in salt and herbs to taste but I added a small can of tomato puree.
3. Sautee the mushrooms in a pan with olive oil, add garlic and then add in the minced meat. Add salt or seasoning according to your taste buds.
4. Stuff the mixture into the shells
5. pour half the sauce in a deep dish, line the shells nicely, sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 10-15 minutes
I like that it’s quite low carb, there is much more meat than pasta and it’s really filling too! The best part of this is that you can go crazy and experiment as much as you like. I am already thinking of spinach and ricotta cheese, Beef Bolognese and so much more 🙂
Tip: You can make a big batch and freeze it, just thaw if when you don’t feel like cooking or as a last minute meal if friends happen to drop by.
Do you have other healthy recipes to share? Do let me know! Would love to try them out.
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed it, I would love to hear from you guys! Share your tips or thoughts by leaving a comment or dropping me a line using the contact form or simply give me some encouragement by liking offshewent on Facebook here.