It’s been a long time since I posted an infograph, the last few were on common running injuries, the ultimate runner’s guide and barefoot vs trail running so I thought it would be good to post this. Also, because I have been sick the last week, nursing a bad sore throat which turned to a cough, I didn’t have time and am too drowsy (cough medicine) to think about what to write. (I do prefer coughs though, sore throats are such a pain even when swallowing.)
For me, these are just added bonuses to running. I certainly didn’t know about them when i started running in Pri school 🙂 Other benefits that I think running has given me are:
- It helps me blow off steam. When I am feeling miffed or irritated, I go for a run. The angrier I get, the faster I run until I cannot run any further. I huff and puff and catch my breath and always feel better after that. People go for therapy, I go for a run.
2. Before you think I have anger management issues, I do run when I am happy too. There’s nothing like a good old run to release the endorphins in your body.
3. It gives me a sense of satisfaction. That I did something good for my body.
4. Face it, you run to burn off something you ate or you go for a run because you are planning to indulge later. Been there, done that. 🙂
5. Another benefit of running is that I love the feeling of sweating it out. I know the whole she-bang about weights and cardio and to get definition and all that jazz, you need to lift more, etc. I geddit. But I still like running, so there.
6. It’s such an awesome feeling when finally hit your PB after months of training.
What are the benefits you get while running?
Thanks for reading!