Hey guys, just wanted to share this run that I think is worth the attention. Initially, I had decided that my triathlon and another two races coming up would be enough for the year but then I decided to add this one to my running schedule as it is something that strikes close to my heart and for a worthy cause.
Every year, more than 10,000 people are diagnosed with some form of cancer and accounts for 1 in 4 deaths in Singapore. I have personally witnessed this in loved ones and family and understand the heartbreak, trauma and hardship that the patient and family goes through. We need to lend our support unconditionally whether you have or have not been affected by it.
So I hope you guys take a minute to sign up for the event here and make a positive impact for everyone (especially if you love to run)
What is Run for Hope?
Run for Hope (RFH) is an annual run organised by Four Seasons Hotel Singapore, Regent Hotel and the National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS) to raise much needed awareness and support for cancer research. Read more here
I can think of so many reasons but these are what came to my mind
1. If you always wanted to do some good, now is the time.
2. You get to exercise and do your body good while running for a good cause
3. Show your support for cancer patients and their family
4. Take it as a day of bonding with family, friends, colleagues and loved ones
5. You get to run along one of Singapore’s nicest scenic route
6. You burn approximately 500+ calories or more for the 10km run
7. You stand a chance to win luxury prizes sponsored by Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
8. It is non competitive 🙂 awesome for those who just want to sweat it out and enjoy the run
Convinced much? There are two categories to choose from , a 3.5km fun run (suitable for families) and the 10km run.
Here are the race details
For more information, visit the official website at :http://www.runforhope.sg/ today. They need 15,000 runners. Will you be one of them?