Kick starting off my new category of inspirational people on their health and fitness journey is my bestie Charmaine Lee, who also happens to be one of the girls on the Dove campaign for hair (see more here).
Anyway, she had a health scare (see more here) that made her take health and fitness seriously.
this is her before:
Heaviest at 60kg
And this is her after:
Looking good Char!
Name : Charmaine Lee
Height and Weight :163cm / 50kg
1. Describe yourself in three words.
Friendly. Spontaneous. Easy-going.
2. What are your favourite ways to stay fit and healthy?
Jogging and Bikram yoga
3. Was there a time when you were unhealthy or unfit? What happened and how did you overcome it?
After a health scare two years ago, I’ve completely changed my lifestyle from late nights with little exercise to working out at least twice a week coupled with a healthier diet.
4. What are you more proudest/happiest moments in terms of fitness and health?
Completing a half marathon and managing to improve on my bikram poses every session makes me happy!
5. Any new goals in the future?
To run a full marathon, gaining more lean muscle and training for nice abs!
6. Any advice to people wanting to embark on a fitness regime?
Stop procrastinating and just get moving. Start with something you enjoy and you will all in love with it more as you go along.
7. What does your daily diet consist of?
Yong tau foo, fish soup, fruits and vegetables. Recently, I have been trying to take in more meat.
8. What are you guilty pleasures?
Dessert and chips are my weaknesses!
Know anyone like Charmaine or would like to be featured? Click here!
Thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed it, I would love to hear from you guys! Share your tips or thoughts by leaving a comment or dropping me a line using the contact form or simply give me some encouragement by liking offshewent on Facebook here.